Wednesday 14 November 2012

Card Chase - 1987 Topps see-through-pack



One more Card Chase box pack.

This time around it's a '87 Topps pack. The oh so beloved set by many collectors.

I first knew about it with the 2012 Topps mini inserts that were inspired by this '87 set.


I like the wood look. It's a good colour as background that does not get in the way and let the photo play the main role.

Now the cards.


Blue Jay Leaders (George Bell / Jesse Barfield) - The first were '87 AL MVP and the second won a  Gold Glove Award.

Gary Carter C@NYM (NL game-winning RBIs)- HOFer check!

Wade Boggs 3B@BOS (AL BA) - An other HOFer check!

Harry Spilman 1B@SF

Ray Fontenot P@MIN - He played his last game in '86 but still had a card in '87 set. Add to my retired-but-still-get-a-card list.

Gary Gaetti 3B@MIN - Would win WS title in '87.


Ed Olwine P@ATL - Didn't know about this Atlanta all blue uniform.

Jamie Moyer P@CHC - I already had his 2010 Topps card. Now getting his '87 card makes me go WoW! He is the oldest player to record a Win and an RBI. "Moyer is one of only 29 players in baseball history to date to have appeared in Major League games in four decades."

Ron Roenicke OF@PHI And now he's Milwaukee manager.

Mickey Brantley OF@SEA - The father of Cleveland Indian's Michael Brantley.

Jose Guzman P@TEX

Mark McGwire 3B@OAK - Love this card! It's bright and colourful! And McGwire would won the AL Rookie of the Year in '87.

Barry Jones P@PIT

Kevin Mitchell OF/SS@NYM


Jose Cruz OF@HOU - Got his #25 retired by the Astros in '92. Want his Yankee card!

Floyd Bannister P@CWS

Tim Flannery 2B@SD


I already have posted about two of the cards I got in this pack.


You can find the Barry Jones Policeman post here.

And for Kevin Mitchell dust-is-in-the-air post go here.

Everytime I look at Mitchell card it makes my day. What a beauty!

And that's all you lot. This is my contribution to the worldwide love to the '87 Topps set.

No comments:

Post a Comment