Sunday 23 September 2018

Hitting Stance


After changing to my new house and finally getting the main things on place, I got all my cards together and safe on a better place than under my bed.

So now I can come back and start posting again about the few cards I have. Yep. They are just a few, because even if I wanted to buy more I just cannot afford the insane price of shipping PLUS the VAT that is almost as much as the shipping already...and they cost even more than the product itself!

Thanks to the insane politics we are getting nowadays from some people...

But so, about the cards, I scanned a few and decided to save them by folders on my computer to see if I can somehow organize them better to post. Mainly by weird categories. Like this card. It's save under atBat/hitting/weirdStance.

I love those players, like Tatis who look like is scared of a mice and get both legs together. Au contraire to the other players that look like kicking a ghost.

This is a Rookie Class insert card from Upper Deck 1998 Collector's Choice set. One of my favourite sets.

Tatis was not that of a star but at least hit two grand slams in one inning against Dodgers in 1999 (for a total of 8 in his careerer).
He also got a MLB record for 8 RBI in one inning with these 2 grand slams. And he's the number one in that ranking! (ARod is #2)

So, all-in-all, even if he never played for a team I like, this is a good card of Tatis, stating his debut at 26 of July of 1997 for the Rangers.

4 comments:

  1. "Thanks to the insane politics we are getting nowadays from some people..."

    What? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

    Completely normal and not unhinged in any way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! I think I said that because I watched a film the other day and got inspired.. ;)

      Delete
  2. Glad to see you're back behind the keyboard and settled in your new place. That sucks about shipping and the VAT. Shipping prices in general have gone up a lot... but shipping internationally is straight up insane. Hope things are going well.

    P.S. Tatis hitting two grand slams in one inning is insane. He's got to be the only player ever to do that, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like 10 years ago, when I got my first ever baseball cards, it was easy to find european sellers or get directly from US. But now!? Forget it..I think I'll be seeing the same cards for a while..

      PS: There are other players to get 2 GS in the same game, but in the same inning!? Only Tatis! Quite insane for sure! I got to look if I have other cards of him or not.

      Delete