Saturday 20 October 2018

2018 Topps Big League - Blue


And here we start discovering what the blue packs brought me. Were they better than the green ones!? Lets find out.


Pack 1.



And we start off with two outside the frame cards. Turner with the arm, Almora Jr with with the bat.

So as a starting point +3 * 2.




I told you. I got more All-Time Greats cards than I was expecting. Here I present you to Mister Brett. It's a nice card because it looks like he's shooting the ball. You know...like playing football...but the real one. The one where you play with the foot on the ball. (soccer reminds me about socks don't know why...)

So add +7 to my table.


And don't stop me because I get +5 for an other Stat Kings card. Main player is the almighty Altuve. Even in that orange uniform...he gives me +5 for being an Astro.


Odorizzi got more RED after passing by my scanner than live on the card.

By the way...Odorizzi reminds me of 'desodorizante' which means deodorant.


I project that Berrios will look like a kid for a long time.


GOLDY IS HERE!

I love this VAR card of Goldschmidt. It's Goldy, it's Arizona, it's a beautiful uniform, and I can see his name and number on the shirt.

Count me some more +5 for the VAR and +5 for collecting D-Backs.


And take me -5 for the Red Sox Rick Porcello. I like him. And I truly don't know why all my favourite pitchers played for Boston are playing for Boston or are going to play for Boston!


Ending this pack the gold card. DeJong high-five-ing a team mate and surrounded by all his team mates in the dugout. That's a nice card to have. Did I tell you it's also an horizontal one?

That's why this great card adds to the count +4 for the landscape and +1 for such a gold moment.


Result: 33


Pack 2.


Bridwell RC to start the pack and already adding +3 and because landscape pitchers cards are a must I had +4.


WoW When I looked at this card, Kinsler in red looked so much like Trout I thought he was him.

But I confess...I prefer Kinsler.


Perdomo has one of those names that reminds me Portuguese words. Perdomo reminds me of 'perdoa-me' which means forgive me.


Sorry Kole I prefer Cole, but I'm ok with +3 for the bat outside the frame.


Ohhhhhhhh Look! Got my second Ballpark Landmarks card! Mascot and Ballpark cards is something I like. Go figure. But everything is part of the game. So I like it all.

Have anyone thought of trying a Home Run derby at Twins Target Field where they have to target that target with the ball!?

Counting +7


It seems I'll be collecting all the Stat Kings cards in no time by this pace.

Home Run Kings and The Judge is the front man, so add +5 plus +10 for the table at the corner!


I lost count to the times I've said 'I don't collect him but I like him'. Because Cozart is one of those. It's like, I really don't mind getting their cards.

Mister Cozart is a sweet and so gives me +4 for landscape love.

Detail. The bat at the BL logo up there is cool.


Double Stat Kings cards in the same pack! And it's Votto the king! And Carpenter second! Got to love this card!!!

Kings add +5 and +7 because this goes to my Votto collection.


And now a VAR!? Even more a RC VAR!? Bloody hell! I feel fine! Quite fine!

I don't like Phillies. But this old school uniform is cool.

It seems Hoskins just landed into a watering hole.

Hoskins is a +5 plus +3 boy.


STOP EVERYTHING!

Doesn't matter the points I've done until now, maybe not the ones I'll make in the next packs!

HUNTER PENCE!

A GOLD HUNTER PENCE!

And with him ready to kick ground and hit the ball!

Well...I'd take anything Hunter Pence.

Have I already told you all how much I love Pence!? Yep! That much!

Pence is a +1 for being gold, +3 for the bat outside frame, and +7 for being himself.



Result: 67



This second blue pack got to be the best so far! I just know that I'm loving this set and it's inserts and variations. I don't remember having so much fun opening packs like this for a long time...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on pulling the gold Pence! I think the Brett is my favorite card in the pack. Great action shot... with a stirrups cameo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing the cameo on Brett's card. Didn't noticed that before! And you're right, great action card. And I don't remember Topps using that image before. They kinda tend to re-use photos =\

      Delete