Wednesday 19 June 2019

2011 Allen & Ginter - are there other sports than baseball? Yes sir!


The A&G sets always have other characters besides baseball players. Most of them I confess I don't know. If they would put some football (the true one you know...) players it would be different.

Box is one of those sports I don't watch. I prefer martial arts. But as all living person at the time I watched Mike Tyson bite that ear off...

But that's why A&G is cool. It makes you go search and learn.

And the coolest thing I found about LaMotta, an American boxer was that he was also a stand-up comedian!

So he could go from this


 To this




Mister Hoffman is an other thing. I like X-Games. I had that time of my youth when I thought I was a sk8...and always dreamt of having a BMX, but they were too expensive back then, and when you finally get to make some money you are old enough to think twice before going on a BMX...

So Tony Hawk and Mat Hoffman, thanks to their videogames too, were the thing! Everyone wanted to be like them.

That's why I know well who Hoffman is.

He is a Hall of Famer


Looking at him like this...I looked younger too back then... lol

3 comments:

  1. Of course LaMotta was also the subject of a little movie of some acclaim, Raging Bull.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raging Bull is a classic. Love it so much, I went out and picked up a LaMotta signed 16x20. It's framed and hanging up in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really didn't know him. Just discovering all this!

    ReplyDelete