Wednesday 10 June 2020

Driving you slow




Nice example of an 'off the field' card.

Upper Deck Collector's Choice got to be one of the best sets ever. So it's always a joy to revisit those sets and re-find cool cards like this one of Jaret Wright debut card.

So I want checking his career and found he even played for my Yankees. That's nice. So I can add this card to my pile of 'also-played-for-my-Yankees-but-I-don't-have-a-card-of-him-as-a-Yankee'.

It seems that because of a chronic shoulder injury he didn't get to full potential when he was getting it right.

At least he can drive.

2 comments:

  1. I remember pulling Wright's autograph out of a pack of Signature Rookies cards back in the day. He wss a highly touted prospect... so I was pretty excited about the pull. It's probably not worth a buck today though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right..Just went to TCDB and the majority of his cards do not have a price tag. And those that have the highest I saw was around 0.55$
      If you gamble with a lot of Rookies, a couple of them will get it right. The majority I think will be regular players or with a short career.

      Delete