Friday 9 October 2015

50 Cities of the World #22 Amsterdam


I can see all those tulips from here!

Welcome to Amsterdam!

I never get it right. Should I say Holland or Netherlands!? I just know they are the 'Mechanical Orange' in what concerns their football (soccer) team.

Amsterdam is their capital. And the name have its origin on the river that baths the city, the river Amstel.


Like stated on the card back, Amsterdam is full of bridges. You can almost play the "Seven Bridges of Königsberg" there, if you have your legs ready to run through the 300 bridges they have.

But I bet you know Amsterdam more for other reasons.. ;)



Here the wiki page.

2 comments:

  1. It was always a dream of mine to visit Amsterdam and the Netherlands in general. 20 years ago... I might have considered those "other reasons"... but now I'd just like to see it for those bridges ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see..those reasons ;)
      Yeah. We get older and the bridges look so appealing. They kinda have beautiful sunny days. But it's so cold at the same time.

      Delete