Saturday 29 September 2018

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game


Remember way too many months ago...like in September last year I got a bunch of Final Fantasy cards? So now I finally started opening them and scanning.

I got 3 beginners decks for FF VII, FF X and FF XIII, and 3 more booster packs. And here are some of the things I got.




These cute little things are all from FF V GBA edition. You can see that at the bottom of the card it states the card design and which game it belongs (adding a bit more info, besides the global universe stated on the blue box on the right, adter the name).

I think all the 'backup' cards have FF V cute characters.




Then you have this more mature characters. The Qator card, like the one on top of this post, and the following Mystic, are all shiny and special versions of the cards. The usual thing in trading cards.





One of my favourite group of cards. The 'doodles' ones. It looks like concept art and they are simply beautiful...




I have to highlight the FF IX cards because that's the game I'm currently playing on my PS2. I'm that vintage!


And I end the post with one of the famous FF VII characters. Will post more soon.

4 comments:

  1. I was really into video games back in the 90's... but Final Fantasy was one of the few "super popular" titles I never got into. Maybe I'll go research the best FF game and give it a shot. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have the most popular one which is the FF VII. I have the game but is kinda in stand by for a few years lol
      I'm currently finishing FF IX and it's really good. It has the random fights that sometimes are a pain, but the characters are cool and the backgrounds are gorgeous, like oil paintings, the mechanics are good..The story is a typical FF story, no surprises there.

      If you want to give it a try, just get the new Playstation Classic that will be out this December, where one of the 20 pré-loaded games is precisely the FF VII ;)

      https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/playstation-classic/

      Delete
    2. I was thinking about getting the PS Classic. The only problem is... I bought the NES Classic thinking I'd play it all the time. I've only used it once. That being said... the Playstation was one of my favorite consoles.

      Delete
    3. I first got mini SNES last year, and got mini NES this year for the new release. And like you I don't play it that much..but anytime I have like half an hour, here or there, I go and play a little, because with the saving points it's easier to do that =)

      Delete