Thursday 27 September 2018

Go Go Gadget arm!


I know it's all about technique. It works like a catapult. But stil...one thing that always made me go and look again, was seeing baseball players in moments like this one, like Garciaparra throwing the ball and the arm is in the strangest position...

It's more common seeing this in pitchers cards, so this card is special.

Besides, following the trend from last post about Grand Slams, Nomar "is one of 13 players in Major League history to hit two grand slams during a single game, and the only player to achieve the feat at his home stadium."

4 comments:

  1. Wow. 13 guys hit two grand slams in one game? That's about 3x more than I would have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that. The last one to do it was Josh Willingham back in 2009 while playing for Nationals. And Willingham was even the '7th in MLB history to accomplish this feat in back to back innings'

      Back-to-back innings! That's some on fire stuff!
      I'm so going to see if I have cards of him too!

      Delete
  2. It's just so good to see you blogging again!

    ReplyDelete