Monday 1 April 2019

2018 Topps Big League - Red


I envy the other blog owners that write posts every other day. I'm one of those that is here and then it's gone. But in the end...I always come back for more. That's what you do when you love a thing that much.

So let me finish the Big League rainbow packs continuing with the red colour.



Pack 3.


Starting with horizontal love and Chris Sabo Jr. Scoring +4


Keep on scoring with Lagares hitting +3 with the bat outside the frame. You know what Lagares means in Portuguese? Wine press.


Bader card is a great RC. I like it. And more so that I score +3 plus +3 for the ball outside frame.

Dozier with a funny card. Is this like one of those Stadium cards that everyone talk about!?


Odor is a thing in Game of Thrones, isn't it!? Odor in Portuguese also means smell.


Scherzer and an other great pitcher horizontal card. And like the Sabo Jr card up there, we get alternative uniforms, which is a thing I like. This card scores me +4


Here, little Zack looks like a badass! An other great RC to remember! I tell you. I'm getting more and more in love with this set...This card rocks me +3

Besides...Granite is a rock!


Sorry...but Iglesias for me is more Enrique Iglesias...


Beltre and that insane rotation that right now I cannot do not even in slow motion...


And to end the pack, a Yankee! This card is a combo in cardboard.
Lets start counting...
+3 for the bat outside the frame
+3 for the RC
+10 for being a Bronx player
+1 for being a golden boy


Result: 37



Pack 4.


I know I start the pack taking -5 for the Boston thing, but than I add +3 for an other great RC and +4 for horizontal love.

And always love audience in the back.


Continuing with horizontal love adding more +4 to the count. I need to check, but it seems all the last pitchers cards are horizontal. Ok by me.


Garcia with that cute effect with the bat on the BL logo. That and +3 for the bat outside the frame.


Ahhhhhhh Zimmerman!
I collect the guy! Count me in! Add me +7.


Nimmo. Not Nemo. But he could be.
And I don't know why, but there's a mix of colours on the background that makes me like this card. Like the card was holographic. Those pseudo-3D cards from the 80s/90s


Williams here gives me +3 for his RC.


Semien is going for the double play at first base. There is someone sliding there at the bottom left of the card.


Ahhhhhhhhhh Jones...It's getting hot in here!


I tell you! Pitchers equal horizontal card! Me like it! Nova used to be a Yankee but ok...Still gets me +4.


Jankowski to end the pack with a gold touch and +1 to my count.


Resulta: 24

2 comments:

  1. As long as you keep coming back!

    Wine press, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on pulling the Andujar gold parallel. He's the only Yankee I cheer for. Hopefully the injury he has isn't going to end his season.

    As for 2018 Big League... I really like this set. I was able to pick up the entire 400 card set, the 30 card Nickname variation set, and the Ministers of Mash insert set for $20 shipped. Might be my best bargain purchase of 2019.

    ReplyDelete