Wednesday 12 December 2018

2018 Topps Big League - Yellow


Yellow again my friends! I had to make this pun...

But fear not! I'll sprint for the next 2 yellow packs with no further talk.


Pack 3.



And after there you go. Well, more like I go. Because I get 2 D-Backs with one strike. And even more because one of them is the cute Goldy.

I just don't get a thing...Paul has a nice running card, and the shirt numbers outlined in red, which makes sense because Arizona is red and grey, mainly. But Lamb has baby blue numbers on his shirt. Was that a special thing? Because that colour, along with the blue stripe on the pants has nothing to do with Arizona, but ok........................

And other funny thing. Lamb is #22 and Paul #44. Double and half ^_^

So counting on it's +5 double, not half.



Verlander an Astro..that's too much orange. But I count +5 and +4 for being landscape style.



Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my!

Make some room because I got a x3 combo!

Yankees.

Mariano Rivera.

All-Time Greats.

But I have to notice, that the Yankees logo here is the same as the one in the base set nowadays cards =(

Never the less, add me some +10 and +7


Mazara here looks like he's pushing the ball further with his eyes. That and getting outside of the frame. And I thank the +3.


This card has a natural attraction thing going on. It pulls us to it. Maybe it's just because it's such a nice insert card of a so young 2017 WS Champ wearing a once in a season uniform or because it looks like Bregman is in Frozen mode.

I think I better start collecting 'ice-in-the-air' cards instead of dust ones.

A-Breg homes for +5 and +7


And the final gold touch of the pack goes to Cordero RC card that gives me +1 plus +3 and +3 for hiding his bat outside of the frame.


Result: 58



Pack 4.


Two RCs to start the pack. Robles for the Nationals and Peters for the Marlins. Start counting +3 * 2


Sorry...but they look a like! =O


Hey! What did I tell you? I'm getting closer to get all the All-Time Greats cards.

Jim Palmer with a quite nice card. And has expected, the Orioles logo is different.

This is one of those cards I just like to spend lots of time just looking at it.

Palmer strikes me a +7


Baez is going for the flying ball and is making the \m/ signal.


I already had the Gold Cole Hamels, but the normal base card is gorgeous none the same...maybe it's because it's an Hamels card... Adding +7 for the baby.


I don't collect Buster, but always like to have him on my fantasy team. But who names 'Buster' their kid? Oh well... +7 for being a cool insert.



Iglesias ends the pack with a touch of pure +1 gold.


Result: 28

4 comments:

  1. You're right, the baby blue on the D'backs uniforms is just plain weird. ... But then so are the D'backs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAH fair enough my friend ;)
      At first I thought the baby blue was there because Lamb was photoshoped into Arizona uniform. But then I've checked wiki and he just played for the D-Backs so..I'm just confused by it.

      Delete
  2. It's weird to see Buster's name twice on the front of the same card. It's even worse that they're on top of each other. Anyways... I really do like this set. If I put in an order with DA or Blowout in the near future, I'll probably add a box or two of this stuff and try to build a hand collated set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buster Buster. Really weird, you're right. And from what I've seen in these cards, almost every player use a nickname or something along that line, instead of their name. I don't know if there is an obligation by the MLB that players can only display their last name on the shirts? Yankees only have the number, like old school style. Around here, in football (you know..the original =P ) the numbers are an obligation like, they are the players ID, but the player can have the name or nickname they want on the shirt.

      Delete