Monday 10 December 2018

50 Cities of the World #35 Cairo



Welcome to Cairo!

We continue to travel through Egypt, the land of sand and pyramids, and now we arrive at its capital.

And just let us look at this beauty old-school Cairo without the wild construction that we have nowadays...

You can see some Mosques which I'm not sure which one is each between Alabaster Mosque, Mosque and Madrassa (school) of Sultan Hassan or even Al-Azhar Mosque...Two of the three.


The card back states it's the largest city in Africa. Not sure if it still is for the continent but it seems it still is the largest in the Middle East and the Arab world.

Of course what is represented in the card is the English Empire Cairo, now back to their own, including some of their relics taken from Egypt long ago.

Since the previous post was about Alexandria I link here to a little article about Cairo vs Alexandria: A guide to Egypt’s two largest cities

Alexandria for the Library and Cairo for the Museum. Two great places to visit.



For Cairo wiki page visit here.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to one day visit Egypt. It's not likely... but it's on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Player's tobacco cards. I started a horse themed collection and the first cards I got were Player's cigarette cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horse themed I don't have but the seller I got these from have some of those to sell.

      Delete