Monday 17 June 2019

1988 Fleer stickers


I read Night Owl post and it reminded me that I also have some Fleer stickers too. So I went and right at the first box I open I found some of them.

So I posting my 1988 Fleer stickers.

I always tried to understand the algorithm for Fleer to match the teams in the cards but I couldn't figure it out. Maybe you can help me.

And a note to Detroit logo card, because that tiger is on steroids or has a serious sinusitis problem...

(And I have too because I've scanned two equal cards)


These stickers cards also play as card on their right, even if you actually peel the stickers. Because on the other side you have the stadiums.












How many of these are still standing!?

Oakland - yep
KC - yep
Blue Jays - yep
Mariners - demolished (year 2000)
Detroit - demolished (year 2009)
Astros - closed (year 2008), partially demolished (year 2013)
Cardinals - demolished (year 2005)
Yankees - demolished (year 2009/2010)
Brewers - demolished (year 2001)
Pirates - demolished (year 2001)
San Diego - yep (Padres moved to Petco Park)

Well...the majority was demolished. But other stadiums were constructed on the demolished ones site. So they kind are still there, like living a second life.

2 comments:

  1. These were box fillers for me back in the day... but 30 years later... I love them. Seeing Three Rivers and Jack Murphy brings a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when kids we just want the *true* cards. But as you say, after all these years we understand the hobby differently and even the stickers have a new light. Like other 'fillers'

      Delete