Thursday 6 June 2019

50 Cities of the World #37 New York


And we're finally at the United State of America for a visit to some of the big cities.

And so we start in the Big Apple.

Welcome to New York!

And what should be presented in the card to show off the city? The Brooklyn Bridge of course!

You can also see the phantom boats and ships that nowadays are no more and those small buildings, comparing with the skyline of the New York of our time this is like looking at ants.

(And I must say that the flag flying looks more like the Portuguese flag than the American one...lol)


The card back states New York was THE centre back then but I think, nowadays, even if it has all the glamour, it shares the importance with other cities in the US.

And it's the home of my New York Yankees ;)



Check the wiki page here.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to one day make it out to the East Coast and visit New York City... and of course attend a game at Yankee Stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Manhattan for the first time this year.... Brooklyn and Queens as well! I'm less than 90 minutes north, yet I never went there before. Now I've been there several times. I have plans to go lots more times too! I have not seen Yankee stadium yet but I did pass the Mets stadium on the way to Coney Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a lot in NY that I'd like to see, but the Yankee Stadium is on top 3 for sure.
    The Giants Stadium too. And the MSG as well =D

    ReplyDelete