Thursday 30 August 2012

2010 Topps Series 2 - Babe Ruth and Mariano Rivera

I got this value box for 2010 Topps Series 2 and Got some pretty good cards that I like.

Firstly these two Babe Ruth (and also Lou Gehrig) cards remembered me that we once used that kind of clothes.

I know that Ruth or Gehrig or Mantle, any Yankee like them are a common-place and every Yankees fan like having their cards. For me is important because I don't know their history that much. That's the side-effect of only having a few years to search the web about it.

I like these 'historical' cards. It's not the same feeling of having a card of an-active player that we watch play but it's somehow the 'get-in-touch-feeling' about it.




Now, talking about active players that I can see in action, lets bring Mariano Rivera into the talk.

Hall of Fame? Won't make it only if they really hate him or Yankees. But even Yankees haters must confess that he his a great player. And deserves being recognize for it.

He makes me like the last inning more than all the innings pitched before. No matter who ever pitched them.




Other thing that make me like this Rivera card is the number. 404 is the web-error-from-doom of page not found. And yes...After his injure he's a page not found in NYY current playing bullpen. Hope he'll be online again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment