Friday 2 August 2013

A Big Dad Trade - Card by Card


I've already posted about making my second trade with BASEBALL DAD.

I've been reading his blog for a while. I think it's the only Tribe blog I follow.

Indians were one of the first teams I've heard besides my Yankees thanks to one film I saw when I was younger.

So a few time ago Jack left a comment on one of my 'living at the end of the world' posts saying he could help me survive the fact of having some difficult to get cards in Europe.

And after some mails we made the trade.

Jack sent me a lot of goodies!

The card at the top is a Teixeira rookie card. I'm still getting used to find out RC prior to the official RC logo.

I miss Teixeira. Being one of my favourite players, if not *the* favourite, I feel sad not seeing him playing.

But at least I saw his terrific '09 season.


Jack asked me about other teams I collect besides my Yankees.

Houston Astros is one of them. And even if I liked his previous uniform (very look a like the D-Backs in colour) I also like the current one which was a retro one until last year.

Confusing.

Well mister Bud Norris was just traded to the Orioles and has already one win.

But one thing I love in this photo is the glove. It goes so well with the rest of the uniform colours.


Jack also hit my oh-so-dear collection Dust Is In The Air!

And put dust in the air in this card!

 Sanders almost got lost in so much dust.

Gutierrez seems not to like it at all but I love it!


Here's the back. I like the back stats for each team he played against.


Also in the pack was an other player I collect: Mark Portugal.

The name says it all!

And playing for Astros even makes me like more the card.


But along side with Mark Portugal Jack also got me two more pitchers.

Randy Johnson with his flying hair and a all style Bret Saberhagen with a lollipop.

The Upper Deck cards always deserve to have their backs shown as well.

The lines you see are not on the cards. It's just the bloody protection sleeves I got.


Now entering my Yankees domain!

This beautiful Yogi Berra silver holographic.

I already had this card but was the plain silver version. This is way more pretty!


A red Ivan Nova. I must say that the colour combination looks great.


I already had this too but in gold parallel and now I got the purple.

Rodriguez must be purple right now with all the problems he got into and my Yankees too.


Kuroda baby blue card looks great! I already had a couple of those blue Opening Day parallels and always were pretty found of them.

This look a bit more light blue than those but also great.

Now I can see why some collectors go for the rainbow. They really look awesome all together.


So we got Alfonso Soriano back!? This card is up to date again.

Skipper Joe Torre could be a good asset again too.


These cards are similar to the Masterpiece ones.

But they are Donruss probably bet Diamond Kings card I've ever seen.


An holographic Carl Pavano in his first year with Yankees. I think I have a couple more cards of him from more recent years.


My favourite lefty.

Andy Pettitte is a Sir in Yankees organization.

But even if I like him that much and we all have a lot to thank him for what he did with Yankees and for baseball as game...he should kept his retirement.

I think players should assume they are retiring for good. Specially if they go at the top of their career.

Still is always good to see Pettitte on the mound.


I assume it... I didn't know Fielder played for Yankees.


The Score cards back are so dense I get lost in so much to read.

Between stats and trivia I miss a small picture.


Mike Mussina card is terrific in person. I don't think you can get to see how pretty it is here.

But believe me.

That blue goes pretty much like heaven to a Yankee card.


Posada retired and kept that way.

I saw his ceremonial first pitch and it was quite strange.

He was one of those soul players for Yankees.


This card commemorate his 3rd consecutive choice for the All Star team.


Jack sent me an other Posada card looking so young I had to double take the card to really see it was him.


On the other day I got Bernie Williams rookie card from the '91 Upper Deck set.

Here in full holographic card showing he likes to hit against Jamie Moyer.


An other Mussina card this time in the Upper Deck game set Victory.

And talking about strikeouts, he got 2813 throughout 18 years in the majors.


I've seen the Conlon Collection cards in many other blogs and simply loved the cards.

They look, they perspire, they smell, they sound like vintage!

Thanks to Jack I'm now a proud owner of 5 great Conlon Yankee cards.

Specially Tony Lazzeri. That's one hell of an awesome card.


To finish the Yankee cards here's Phil Hughes who has everything to be a very good pitcher but sometimes seems to forget even how to throw a ball and also one of the new players for this season Brennan Boesch who I found recently that I have his RC, a very good looking horizontal card.


If all those cards were not enough, Jack also got me a pack of this year Series 2.


Cahill looks good in Arizona uniform.

Wright is a Mets trademark.

McLouth for me makes sense in Atlanta uniform.

Jimenez is the RC of the pack.


Also got 3 great horizontal cards

Ross Detwiler and the Cy Young winner David Price followed by Ryan Ludwick commemoration of a walk-off homer with the rest of the Reds team.

It's impossible not to like this year design in a horizontal card.


And now I present the one and only Boston Red Sox I truly like: Jon Lester.

And he got a bloody great card! I don't have enough words to describe the feeling you get by looking at it...It's intense...it's hypnotizing.


But the pack was so made for me that I got this Lucroy card for my PC.

And Lucroy is not a normal PC guest, he belongs to the very restricted collection of the players in the Woman Perspective posts!


Meanwhile I started an other binder theme collection.

We cannot ignore these images of flying superman outfielders and here mister David Murphy is quite the example.

I also have flying to the bases and diving catches in the same binder. It's my birdies binder!


And almoat at the end of the pack goodies I also got one serial numbered gold parallel of a great moment.

Lombardozzi getting all juicy by Werth.

The reporter girl is a add-on to make the card even better. It captured the moment perfectly.


And to end the pack the insert card.

Buster Posey is one of the best catchers in the game nowadays. In my opinion he is the best. But don't know if he will get the Tripple Crown one day. But it would not be a total surprise and would be deserved.



So to end the post I have again to thank Jack for trading with me, a newbie from across the ocean. Will for sure trade again with the Tribe Big Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment