Friday 28 March 2014

Hit? It's a relic for what it is




A few time ago I bought one of those repack boxes and this one stated that, besides the 10 factory sealed packs I'd get as well 2 authentic jersey cards!

I like repack boxes specially because I still have yet to get tire of getting wax packs and stuff like that.

I'm still many cards away to get worried that these repack boxes only bring me more dups.

So that is all that matter, really, getting packs of sets I'd probably never heard before or that I've heard but didn't managed to get cards of them.

That Turkey Red pack was enough for me to buy this box.

More than the 'relic' cards.

But! If they were coming my way I was not the one to let them outside my door.

So, while I still have to process those packs and so I already can show you what 'relics' I got.

Looking at the box I thought, I'd like to get that Jeter card.

Did I?...


Two envelops were inside the box...can you feel the suspense!?


And YES!

I didn't get the Derek Jeter card that was on the box cover but I still got a Jeter jersey card!

But then I look again to the repack box again an to the card and I finally noticed that it's not a relic card by itself.

The Jeter card is framed in a bigger cardboard and the jersey patch too.

If there was doubtfulness around relic cards having this one in my hand makes it even more...

But at least the Jeter card is cool and I didn't have it.


Lets see what it's on the back.

Ohhhh it has instructions to let us set the card as a true frame.

And look closely...What is written?

Jersey from card manufacturer or secondary market!?

MUAHAHAH

From one of your old shirts that is!


But if I was laughing already with the Jeter 'relic' card I opened the second envelop and saw this.

Sammy Sosa card.

Ohhhhhh wait!

Sammy Sosa e-Card with the code already scratched!

Can you get more 'relic' than this!?


The back states the same instructions to get the frame working on the stand and again where the jersey patch might have come...

But look again, closely to the magnificent of this card.


First the scratched e-Card code...


...and then the jersey patch.


These two are my most precious 'relic cards' in my whole-right-now-and-future-to-come-collection!

Unless I get an other of these repack boxes.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of similar items.
    I can't believe they used a card with a scratched off code !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know yet if I hit the jackpot or the joker lol

      Delete
  2. I would never trust these swatches to come from actual game worn jerseys from the player depicted on the card... but as a novelty item... I sort of think they're cool.

    ReplyDelete