Wednesday 17 December 2014

Old Benfica players


They are not quite old. But they no longer play for Benfica for a good couple of years or more.

But they did pretty well.

The top on the post is Javi Garcia. Was a terrific defense middlefielder. Just after two years and a Championship win he went off to Man City and is now playing for Russian Zenit (don't know what they see in that championship besides the money they make...)

He was my favourite player at the time...and he would make it with high marks to my Woman Perspective collection!


'Pabito' Aimar was like a Mage as a playmaker.

When he came to Benfica he was not that young but even so he played with us after he's 30s. And always made a difference. Of course that comparing with Rui Costa I prefer Rui Costa ;)


Saviola, also known as, 'El conejo'!

He was a smart striker appearing in the right place at the right time making many important goals! It seems he's stil playing for Verona.


All these cards I got in some Benfica promotional products, alongside scarfs and posters and other stuff.

I don't know if there are more cards and if I can get them on the store. But I do have other more old collectables like postcards with other players. I'll check for them to post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment