Friday 30 January 2015

50 Cities of the World #13 Moscow


I advise you to pack some warm cloths for the next stop in our 50 Cities of the World Tour.

Lets stop at Moscow this time.

Looking at the card it seems  like there is plenty of sun there. Well it might be and it seems they have warm Summers there but when I think of Moscow I can only picture, and almost feel, the cold!

Well, I think we all know that Moscow is the capital of Russia. It's a tiny little point in the wilderness that is the Russian territory.

And for not letting me down this is stated in wikipedia:

"Moscow is the northernmost and coldest megacity and metropolis on Earth, the most populous city in Europe, and the 8th largest city proper in the world, as well as the largest amongst high income economies. "


Which is almost the same as some centuries ago like stated in the card back.

It plays like the eastern end of Europe.

You can see on the picture the Moskva River and I think that those buildings up on the left are the Saint Basil's Cathedral.

Those are the thing I always think first when talking about Moscow. The architecture really made something different there. The design and the colours are unique.

It is right in the Red Square where it seems everything happens in Russian.

At Moscow I also can identify the Bolshoi Theatre which is one of the most important around the world.

One thing I saw on wikipedia and didn't quite get it was this:

"In addition Moscow has cooperation agreements with: Lisbon, Portugal"

I assure you I don't know what this means. But ok.

Moscow also was an important point during the WWII. If the Germans would have march through it and maybe the history could have been other.



For more information visit Moscow wiki page.

No comments:

Post a Comment