Friday 16 May 2014

1998 Collector's Choice - That lunch box! (pack 21)


This pack start looks good.

A silver Final Tribute card for Lee Smith.

I confess the first time I looked at the card I thought it as a Dwight Gooden card. They kind of look a like.

Lee Smith spent one year with Yankees. So that's a +1.


A Top of the Charts card! So long no see!

I know I should pay more attention to the odds to understand if the insert cards are common or rare. But I like surprises.

Brian Hunter photo is an happy choice because if it is a Top for Stolen Bases so putting him running that's cool.

Tony Womack is still finishing swinging the bat.

Ohhh I wish they had photos of them sliding to the bases!


A Larry Walker Stick-Ums in which he's almost stepping on the little batter, catcher and umpire.

It's like Gulliver and the Lilliputs.



Oh My...I've never thought I would get a thin-blond-kind-of-rookie-card-Diamond-Debut of Bartolo Colon.



I like cards picturing players with dirt uniforms. It shows that they are not afraid to dive for catching the ball or sliding to the bases.



Tony Gwynn cards are always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. If Lee Smith's tenure with the Yankees gets a +1... than I'm throwing this out to you. That Star Quest Gwynn should be a +19.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, I have more past-Yankees and future-Yankees players cards than actual Yankees cards lol So that's the reason for the +1.
      Gwynn's cards are always an instant smile! Like the one on his card back ;)

      Delete