Wednesday 24 October 2018

2018 Topps Big League - Blue


I'm feeling blue. But in a good way! Loved my last 2 blue packs. So lets see if I keep getting blue love from two more blue packs.


Pack 3.


I think I had Santana at fantasy once. That or I'm mistaking him for other Santana. Which is quite possible.

But besides that, do you think this was a fly ball or did he just hit a home run?

No matter what, he's a +3 boy for the outside the frame hand.


I like this card. It's a 'good feeling' card. And it's a Hunter card. Not the Pence one. But I think I'll start liking this Hunter too. It seems he just cleared the bases with a home run.

And what a happy celebration in landscape mode. Add me some +4 love.

By the way...do you know who the other player is?


Ahhhhhhhhhhh a Yankee! I'm probably the top Yankees fan that almost don't get any card of them...

Miguel Andujar RC and the uniform looks like the Spring training one. Or is that one shirt for the 'nickname/name' thing?

But for me it's +10 for getting a NYY card plus +3 for the bat outside the frame and even one more +3 for being a RC.

Nice touch of the dugout in the background.


And keeping on the RC trend. Kingery might be a future King, who knows? But meanwhile he not only gives me +3 for the RC but also presents me with a very nice card with a jumping throw! Nice nice nice!


Always liked Greinke. Maybe it's that baby face he has. But he looks so much better in an Arizona uniform! And again, D-Backs, right now, have probably my favourite uniforms ever! Adding +7 to the count.

What a beauty...and not forgetting the +4 for the landscape. All pitchers cards should be like this.


My third horizontal card in the pack! What a good thing! +4 for the lady!

And this one...really awesome!

Ichiro Sensei giving out autos to the fans. Please...just notice that sea of people trying to get to him. He deserves. Such a good and correct player.

Poor little kid on the bottom right thou...


Ohhhhhhhh no points for this one, but an other jumping throw! If the other was pretty this is beautiful! You still can see the ball right out of the hand..

Great DJ card.


WoW Not many points in this pack, but such great cards!

Crawford, the J.P. one, still give me +3 for his RC, but it doesn't matter. What matters is the great photo. Running to be safe? To get to the home plate to score a run? The helmet flying behind him is the priceless touch of the scene.

Love this card.


Did I say I didn't get much points this pack but great cards!? Lets change that and get lots of points besides the great cards!

I present you my first Star Caricature Reproductions!

This is such a CUTE card I'm all *.*

My scanner did it again and cut the card, because the ball stitches go all around the card to give a nice touch to the card besides the funny caricature!

Correa being an Astro already give me +5 and I'll count +7 for being the reproduction caricature and not the original.

Loving this!


And end the pack with Cron. Not much to say, but I count +1 for the gold bling and +3 for the outside the frame bat.


Result: 59 (and I thought I did so little points!)


Pack 4.



Ahhhhhh Second Yankee in back-to-back packs. I'm enjoying this.

Tanaka has a nice card and gives me +10 points.


 Giolito is, like other pitchers, elastic. Those two arm positions are quite not normal...



I love yellow. But those caps...


I thought the previous pack were giving me just a few points, but turned out to be quite a pack. This time around is a mehhhhhhhh pack. But Chapman gives me +3 for the bat outside of the frame.


What...is...going...on...here...

THE HAIR!

I cannot see anything besides THE HAIR!


I already got the Hoskins RC variation so it's nice to also get the base card. RC means +3 and that bat wants to get outside the frame but not quite...

But Hoskins seems like he's looking at the bat like he doesn't know what to do with it...hell...like he doesn't know what it is lol

Mr Bat I present you to Mr Hoskins. Mr Hoskins this is Mr Bat.


Ohhhhhhhh look! A numbered card! Number 92 out of 100 of a Reddick purpled chrome card.

I think this is a Rainbow Foil – /100 (1:30 hobby packs). Since this is a pack from a retail box I don't know if the odds are the same, but none the same, it shines! I like rainbows so I get +9 for Reddick Rainbow card.

(ETA: forgot to add +5 for being an Astro.)


Already had the Gomes base card, and now the gold one. Finishing with +1.



Result: 31

4 comments:

  1. I think that's Wil Myers sneaking onto the Hunter Renfroe card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WoW

      https://www.google.com/search?q=Wil+Myers&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjro_i_6KTeAhXpCcAKHYVuBuEQ_AUIDigB&biw=1536&bih=752&dpr=1.25

      Cute! Thanks for the input..I think I need to collect more players eheheh ;)

      Delete
  2. Great action shot on the LeMahieu! And that Ichiro is awesome! Totally feel bad for the kid you mentioned... and the guy who has a poster sitting on top of his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHHA yeah! But the guy keeps up the hard word reaching out to Ichiro to sign his book. Never mind the poster lol

      Delete