Tuesday 2 October 2018

Top 10 by Price

I decided to see if my old accounts at Zistle and The Trading Card Database were still alive and after some work from my memory I could manage to log in.

I must say that I added these cards wayyyyyyy back I don't remember when. So I might have to go and re-do all my listings. Which, for a listing-maniac is like Christmas.

One thing I like at The Trading Card Database is the all the top 10s they provide, based on your added cards.

So, based upon the cards I have registered this is my situation:


Only registering around 4,5K cards the values of my collection goes like 2K dollars. Not bad!

So lets see my top 10.


So my card ranking #1 is this beauty commemorative patch from 2009 Topps Update Series.


I like these cards. I have a couple of them, the commemorative patches. But I always thought people used to dislike them because they were things manufactured and not true relics, like pieces of real cloth or bats. Maybe it's because I don't have much cards and tend to appreciate this little things more. They are all kinda important to me, to make me closer to the game.

Notice that the patch is a Reds patch (yeah!) but Tom is wearing a Mets uniform (buhhhhh).

And then my #2 card is also an other commemorative patch from the same set.


I also have a Roy Campanella patch but it does not make the top10.

And the final podium place, ranking #3 (two times) is Altuve RC.


And it seems I even have, at least, two of them. I think after Astros win this is normal to happen, getting a RC card like this to get a better price value.

But this card is one of those that I like besides all those facts. It's mainly because no matter how many times I see it, I have to double-take it in order to see the 3 people in it!

Getting on to #5 I have the Tris Speaker SP, from 2009 Topps (what a year!)


On #6 is one of the many Stephen Strasburg RC variation


I still cannot see him as such a star...but ok.

Now the first Yankee in the house is #7


Well...technically Alex Rodrigues RC card is not a Yankee card, but I take what I get!

And this is one of my favourite Upper Deck sets. It has such good photos!

#8 is the one and only Mickey Mouse! And now in truly Yankees mode!


Ok..this is a cute card.

And also at #8 it's Cal Ripken


You see...Mickey Mouse and Cal Ripken tied.

And I must say that this insert set is one of the ugliest... I can see it working with a relic, but this way, it's just a waste of card space..

And closing top 10 we have two giants


Again Ripken with a Yankee, but not Mickey Mouse. This time around is the insert Timeless Talents with The Captain Jeter.

That's a nice top10 by price. Lets see how it changes when I add more cards.

4 comments:

  1. Altuve! If you're gonna have duplicates of a card... that's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? You predict it will be a hit in near future!? Got to treat it right ;)

      Delete
    2. That Altuve is already a "hit" in my book.

      Delete
    3. He's such a fun player to watch, and he's an Astro. Only plus points.

      Delete