Thursday 27 September 2012

Card Chase box

The other day I ordered one of these boxes proclaiming to be the World's Great Card Chase Baseball.

I bought it because I found out what I'm collecting. I'm collecting at least a card from each year since '86. From every brand and set. And what better way then getting a few sorted vintage packs?


The box promised a lot. Got 16 packs for sure. Some only with a few couple of cards but ok...They were from 2 or 3 different brands.


This one is the pack that gives the name to the box. I just couldn't picture where it says how much cards it should bring but I got 6.




The photo is quite dark, sorry for that. But here is the list of the players:

  • 1987 Topps #479 Bob Sebra P@MTL - played from '85 to '90 for 5 different teams and his wiki page doesn't even has his stats.
  • 1989 Topps #98 Marty Pevey C/OF@MTL (MLB debut) - might be better known for being former third base coach for the Toronto Blue Jays
  • 1990 Score #1T Dave Winfield OF@LAA - now we're talking!!!!!! Former Yankee by '90 (remeber the trend I mention about me having former/going-to-be Yankees' players?) and a HOF! And besides that I do watch him in the ESPN America program Baseball Tonight.
  • 1997 Score #431 Deion Sanders OF@CIN - the comeback year after a year playing for the Dallas Cowboys in the NFL. And that's the best shoot they had of him? Laying down making some funny face during practice?
  • 1997 Score #333 John Wetteland P@TEX - keeping the trend a former Yankee collecting a total of 74 Saves in 2 years with the Yankees. And they traded him!? The WS (which he won with NY in '96) MVP!?
  • 1988 Donruss #399 Jim Rice OF@BOS - yep, he was a Red Sox but he was also a great player. HOF for a reason and a retired number to Boston. Must respect.

All in all I might say I got pretty good cards to make up for the couple I was not so lucky.

Will post soon about the other 15 packs I got in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment