Monday 10 September 2012

First autographed card

2010 Topps Update Series was one of the first sets I ordered from eBay. I didn’t have much choice and what I really wanted was baseball cards! Well, I still don’t have much choice but I can manage that.

I liked the set. Comparing to the other set I bought earlier that was 2012 Topps Series 1 where there were lot of card back errors and the photos were not that good and didn’t care that much for the design, I really enjoyed the Update cards.

But this post is about a particular card I got. My first autographed card!

Being an auto from a player I didn’t know it doesn’t matter because I went to web search him. I got so happy I didn’t focus in the fact he is an Angels player. That can always change.


Yep it’s an Ervin Santana auto card. A Peak Performance auto card. Like it!

Until now he’s a one team right-hand Pitcher. He’s with LAA since 2005 where his short rookie season ended with 12 wins in the regular season. That’s awesome. On 2008 he got the first and only call to the All-Star Game. Went through a DL trip on 2009 but then he really got better: pitched a complete game shutout becoming the first pitcher in franchise history to pitch a shutout in a game to clinch the Western.

At this point I got to think I really was lucky to have his auto but then found out that he pitched a no-hitter against the Cleveland Indians on 2011. It was Santana's first career no-hitter  and the Angels first no-hitter since 1990. I had sure by then.

2012 is not that well with a W-L% of .421 which means he is 8-11. Missing double digits in Ws and with the biggest ERA since 2009, 5.21.

Don’t like the Angels but respect Ervin Santana!



(Note: got some info from his wiki page)

No comments:

Post a Comment